Collection of personal information
The following personal data can be collected through forms that you fill out on our website, through communications that you send to us or through your interaction with our website.
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Organization name
- Mailing address
- Education and training
IP address and cookies
Non-identifying data pertaining to your computer, including your IP address and the operating system and browser you are using, can be collected for system administration and statistical purposes, where available. Cookies stored on your computer’s hard drive have many uses, including collecting statistics on the visitor count and usage of our website, and storing your preferences and information for quicker searches and filling of forms. Our website will install cookies on your computer unless you configure your browser not to accept them. Please note that if you do so, certain features on our site might not be accessible to you.
Storage of personal information
The personal information that you provide to us is stored and backed up in secure electronic storage spaces and protected against unauthorized use, access, alteration, destruction or disclosure and loss or theft. The transmission of data over Tradëm’s website is also protected by an SSL certificate. Personal information is kept for a reasonable period of time based on the purpose for which it was initially collected, and is then entirely and effectively deleted.
Objection, withdrawal and access
We grant you the right to object and to withdraw in relation to your personal information.
Right to object: Users can decline to have their personal information used for certain purposes specified at the time of collection.
Right to withdraw: Users can ask that their personal information be withdrawn from a mailing list, for example.
Under the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, you have the right to access your personal information. If you wish to exercise that right, you may contact the person responsible for the management and protection of personal information. Users who wish to view, modify or delete their personal information also have the right to do so.
Disclosure of personal information
We commit not to disclose your personal information to anyone, except in the following circumstances and only to the extent necessary:
- When we need external help to fulfill an assignment that you have given us. Only the information necessary to fulfill this assignment, if any, will be disclosed to a third party who will have previously signed a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement. If you wish to view this agreement, you may contact the person responsible for the management and protection of personal information.
- When it is required by law.
Questions, comments, requests
Tradëm is the sole owner of the content on its site. Any use, modification or reproduction of such content must first be authorized in writing by Tradëm.
Tradëm ensures that its website functions normally, but is not to be held responsible for any disruptions or slowdown caused by situations or technical issues outside of its control. Whenever possible, Tradëm will announce any scheduled maintenance which may cause its website to be inaccessible, but is in no way required to do so.
All hyperlinks posted on Tradëm’s website are provided for your information only. The posting of a hyperlink to an external site must not be interpreted as an endorsement of its content.
Any person who posts on their site a hyperlink to Tradëm’s site agrees to ask Tradëm for prior authorization, not to make any false representation of any business or other relationship with Tradëm, and not to attribute to Tradëm any statements or content that do not represent its values or that violate any third party’s rights or the law.
Any person who posts a hyperlink to Tradëm’s website without complying with the conditions above exposes themselves to legal risks.
Documents provided by users
It is forbidden to use Tradëm’s website to post, send or download any document:
- for which you have not previously obtained all the necessary authorizations;
- with content that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, libellous or likely to incite hatred, that violates privacy or the right to privacy, that promotes or constitutes behaviour which would be deemed a criminal offence or which could give rise to civil liability, or that breaches the laws of the province of Québec;
- which are harmful in nature, including computer viruses, Trojan horses, altered or falsified data and other software or data which may cause damages.
Tradëm takes all the necessary measures and actions to ensure the accuracy of the data on its website, but does not guarantee it.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Questions, comments, requests